Breaching Borders: State Encroachment into the Federal Immigration Domain?
October 20-21, 2011
Sponsored by the Washburn University School of Law Center for Law and Government and the Washburn Law Journal
Washburn Law is pleased to host a symposium exploring the political and legal controversies mounting at the intersection of federal and state immigration law. Three plenary sessions will provide a comparative assessment of state immigration policies, explore immigration and employment, and re-visit the concept of birthright citizenship.
Speakers and panelists include:
- Kris W. Kobach, Secretary of State for Kansas;
- Nora V. Demleitner, Dean and Professor of Law, Hofstra University School of Law;
- Peter H. Schuck, Simeon E. Baldwin Professor Emeritus of Law, Yale Law School;
- Margaret Stock, Adjunct Instructor, University of Alaska Anchorage, Department of Political Science;
- Peter S. Vincent, Principal Legal Advisor, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
A complete schedule of presentations and speaker information is available at